‣ Fair Pay that Values Teaching: Most Adjunct Faculty will receive a 33% increase in per-course pay over the next three years – with an increase of up to 13% for those teaching studio courses.
‣ Job Security: Adjunct Faculty who teach three courses per year over a four-year period will now receive two-year appointments, along with enhanced benefits – including a contribution to their retirement plan and tuition remission for courses taught at Lesley.
‣ Inclusion in the Lesley Community: Adjunct faculty will now have an elevated voice in decisions that impact educators and their students – including formal representation in both the University Council and Faculty Assembly.
‣ Professional Development Fund: Lesley Adjunct Faculty will have access to funding to support research, scholarship, civic engagement, and professional and artistic practice that contribute to the learning experience on campus.
‣ Canceled Course Fee: For the first time, adjunct faculty’s teaching commitments will be respected even when classes are canceled at the last minute. For courses canceled within the first three weeks of the semester (or first two weeks of the term), adjunct faculty will be paid 15% of their per-course free.